Thursday, September 29, 2005

Emailed September 29

Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner
thursday, October 6 @ 7:00 PM

Before the holiday weekend, we thought we’d get things going by having our own dinner together! It’ll be an informal, fun time of eating and hanging out. Maybe some movie-watching or game-playing. Whatever people would like!

Where: Not quite sure yet – either Monica’s or my house. We’ll let you know. Monica has ping-pong, I have pool…tough call.

What you need to do: First, let me know if you can come or not. Second, let me know what you are bringing to the dinner. We are going to attempt to do this online, on the blog (http://springvocation.blogspot.com)! I will put a posting up called “Potluck RSVP & Food”. All you have to do is:

  1. Click on the hyperlink “comments” which is at the bottom of the posting.
  2. Type in your RSVP and what you are bringing, if you are coming.
  3. Enter your name and do the word verification (which prevents “spam commenting”).
  4. You’re done! This way, we can see what people are bringing and then not have everyone bring pumpkin pie (although I would probably eat it all…).

If this is really too much for you, you can email me (scottgmoore@mac.com) and I’ll post it. Try it out though!

The Blog:

Starting an Online Discussion at http://discussvocation.blogspot.com. (You can also get to it from the main page.)
We are all quite busy throughout the week and in scattered places, but with the wonders of technology, I thought it might be fun and beneficial to have some ongoing online discussion. I have started the posting at the website (as above, or just go to the main page and click on Vocation DISCUSS on the side). To add your two (or three) cents, just follow the same procedure as I explained above for the potluck by going to the “comments” section. I have also outlined the process on the DISCUSS blog! Give it a try and hopefully we can have some thought-provoking blogging/commenting/discussing.

Service Ideas or Prayer Needs/Ideas
Got an idea for how we can serve our community or one another? Let me know and I can post it on the Vocation SERVE blog! Some thing goes for prayer. Check back often for updates and the latest.

Vocation FURTHER blog
I’ve added another blog for those interested in further reading of things we might discuss, or just stuff that I think might be relevant for you! If you have any suggestions, let me know and I can post it. (http://furthervocation.blogspot.com).

Looking Ahead:

  • Thursday, October 6, 2005 @ 7:00 pm – Thanksgiving Potluck. RSVP!
  • Sunday, October 16, 2005 – next group meeting
  • Sunday, October 30, 2005 – next next group meeting.

That’s it, sorry this is so long!! All blogs can be accessed through http://springvocation.blogspot.com. I’ll be adding stuff on it about small groups, please check back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home